Dear Mr. Finch
Thank you so much for giving me an art lesson. It was nice to learn about art and it was a wonderful way to spend the day.
These are some of the lessons I learned from you:
1. Art takes time. I learned not to rush.
2. I learned that I can do art.
3. I learned how to use watercolours to paint.
4. I learned that art can be a lot of fun.
5. I learned how to mix colours to give my painting depth and perspective.
6. I learned to put a little amount of paint on your brush because "less is more".
7. I learned to believe in myself and to paint what I feel.
8. I learned that when I make a mistake, it isn't the end of the world. I can fix them.
9. Most importantly, you taught me to try my very best at everything I do.
I am so proud of my painting that I did that day. My parents have framed it and hung it in the dining room for everyone to see.
Thank you for being a wonderful, caring and Patient art teacher. I hope other children will get the chance to paint with you.
Alexandra Tyrrell (age 10)